My Shopping List
Buffalo Pork Skewers with Blue Cheese Sauce
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut into 1-in. cubes
+ oil spray
+ 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
+ 1/4 c. hot sauce, such as Tabasco, divided
+ 6 ribs celery, cut crosswise in halves or thirds, then lengthwise into sticks
Blue Cheese Sauce :
+ 2/3 c. blue cheese, crumbled
+ 1/2 c. mayonnaise
+ 1/2 c. sour cream
+ 2 Tbsp. milk (low-fat or non-fat is okay)
+ 18 (6-in.) skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min. if they're wood or bamboo
What to do:
1. Preheat broiler and arrange a rack 4-in. from the heat. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and milk. Season with salt and set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine the butter, and 2 Tbsp. of hot sauce. Set both mixtures aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the pork and remaining 2 Tbsp. of hot sauce. Season generously with salt. Thread the pork onto skewers and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Broil for 4 min. Turn and broil until tender, 4-5 mins.
5. Remove pork from broiler and let rest at least 3 mins. While pork is resting, brush both sides in the butter mixture.
6. Serve the skewers and celery sticks with the blue cheese on the side.
* Note: Instead of making the blue cheese sauce from scratch, you can purchase ready-made blue cheese dressing.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeinspired.com
Calories: 160; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 150mg;