My Shopping List
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Courtesy of Every Day with Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 15 Min.
Chill Time: 3 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ non-stick cooking spray
+ 25 ginger snap cookies
+ 1 3/4 c. sugar
+ 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
+ 3 ( 8 oz.)pkg. cream cheese, cut into chunks and softened
+ 5 large eggs, at room temperature
+ 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin puree
+ 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
+ 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ boiling water
What to do:
1. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325°. Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Using a food processor, grind the cookies with 1/4 c. sugar. Add the butter and pulse to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until firm, 3 min.. Transfer to a rack to cool.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and remaining 1 1/2 c. sugar until smooth, about 1 min.. Beat in 2 eggs until blended. Transfer 1/4 c. of the cream cheese mixture to a small bowl and set aside. Add the remaining 3 eggs, the pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin-pie spice and salt and beat until combined, 2 min..
3. Set the springform pan with the cooled crust on a double layer of heavy-duty foil and wrap the foil tightly around the bottom and sides; set in a roasting pan. Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust. Dollop the reserved cream cheese mixture onto the filling and, using the tip of a knife, swirl together. Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and fill with enough boiling water to reach about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake the cheesecake until the center is slightly wobbly but the edges are firm to the touch, about 1 1/4 hours.
4. Transfer the roasting pan with the cheesecake to a rack and let cool for 45 min.. Remove the springform pan, discard the foil and let the cheesecake cool on the rack for 3 hours. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake. Wrap the pan in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove the springform pan sides. Run a knife under the bottom of the cake to release it, then slide onto a serving platter.