My Shopping List
Grilled Steak and Asian Noodle Salad
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
Marinate: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-in. thick (about 1 lb.)
+ 6 oz. uncooked whole grain spaghetti
+ 1 pkg. (8 oz.) sugar snap peas
+ 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
+ 1 c. packaged shredded carrots
+ toasted sesame seeds (optional)
+ 1/3 c. reduced-fat or regular Asian sesame dressing
+ 1/3 c. hoisin sauce
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
What to do:
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 3 Tbsp. marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 min. to 2 hrs. turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade until ready to use.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, uncovered, 17-21 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13-16 min.) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pkg. directions, adding vegetables during last 3 min. of cooking. Drain. Combine pasta and vegetables with reserved marinade in large bowl. Evenly divide among 4 bowls.
4. Carve steaks into slices. Evenly arrange beef over pasta and vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 423; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 48g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 502mg;